A VPS (Virtual Private Server) is your own world within a server that you can alter or reboot according to your wish. It acts like a dedicated server although it is not really a dedicated one. It is an intermediate server between a dedicated and shared one and is used by sites which are not yet ready for dedicated servers.
Let us have a look at the advantages of using a Virtual Private Server:-
- It is less expensive than dedicated servers.
- It allows you to enjoy freedom unlike the shared servers. You have your own RAM, IP address and CPU dedicated to your machine all twenty-four hours a day and all 365 days a week.
- There are provisions for easy upgrading so that you can change it with your varying requirements. The upgradation process does not involve loss of data and does not require you to reboot.
- It is highly secure, with the use of advanced encryption protocols.
- It can support growth quite easily.
- You can opt only for the plans and services that you need and discard those which you do not require.
- It allows you to enjoy liberty and privacy along with the quality support.
- You are not dependent on a single hypervisor. So, if your hypervisor is not functioning properly, you have other physical hypervisors to take care of it. Thus, the system ensures about 99.9% uptime.
- Renowned service providers use high-quality servers and latest technologies which help in achieving super-fast speed.
- There are provisions for daily, weekly, monthly and annual back-ups so that you can take back-ups and recover them as and when needed.
As a result, many companies in UK prefer this type of server. However, UK VPS has its own disadvantages as well:-
- You need to be careful while choosing the right company for this. There are some companies which do not really allow you to operate at the maximum bandwidth allotted. They oversell the space thinking that no one will actually use so much of space and thus end up giving false commitments.
- It requires you to bear some responsibilities regarding the maintenance unlike a shared hosting plan.
It is always better to choose a better organization for VPS Hosting UK which will provide you with the best quality service with respect to VPS in any part of United Kingdom. This helps in overcoming the disadvantages of VPS to a great extent. In addition to enjoying the general benefits of VPS, you will also be get some extra advantages like:-
- High-class cloud hardware will be provided
- Free automatic as well as scheduled back-ups
- An automatic failover system with powerful tools
- Safe-guarding of network with the available facilities
- State-of-the-art data centers
- High-class firewalls
VPS is indeed a great service that allows a company to have its own private space for the server, without making it as expensive as dedicated servers. It basically allows the company to enjoy the benefits of both dedicated and shared servers but overcomes the drawbacks of both. You just need to select a proper Virtual Server Hosting UK company in order to enjoy its benefits.
Cyber Host Pro LTD
Unit 36 Evans Business Centre